Course Starts Tuesday, 20th February, 2018, For Six Weeks
Are you a creative writer with a story to tell but you're not quite sure how to begin? Or maybe you already have a story and want to make it the best it can be? During the next six weeks you will learn the craft of storytelling. All you need to bring is your imagination.
1. Free Voices in Your Head Story Writing Guidelines
2. Free Bringing the Voices to Life: a Story Planning Workbook
3. Weekly online workshops where we discuss the craft of story writing**
4. Support materials, including weekly powerpoints and writing exercises to help you make your story sing
5. Feedback on your work at the brainstorming, planning, drafting and editing stages during the six weeks
6. Certificate of completion
** The weekly workshops, powerpoints, writing exercises and support materials will be uploaded and made available to you if you can't attend the workshop for any reason
You will learn the skills of story writing over six weeks. You will brainstorm, plan, draft and edit your story until it sings. You will learn to recognise the elements of a good story and apply these to your own writing. You will practise your writing and open your mind to new ways of telling. You will explore new ideas and add them to your ever growing pile of writing snippets. You will unleash your voices within...
Course dates: Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 - Tuesday, 3 April, 2018
Weekly online workshops: 4.00 - 5.00pm every Tuesday (upload, powerpoint and support materials available straight after workshop)
Mel and Sam are a dynamic mother-daughter duo, with experience in writing and theatre. In another life, Mel is a Senior English teacher and author of adult and childrens' novels. Sam studied Theatre at the Queensland Academy for Creative Industries and has won Queensland Theatre's Young Playwrights Award, along with DUX, CIVA and Pathmaker Awards at her school. Together, they run Writing Excellence Programs for Young Scholars at Writer on the Road.