Learn how to craft and clarify your stories with English teacher and author, Melinda Hammond. This course challenges you to get your story told.
Appropriate for ages 10 - 16. No matter where you are on your writing journey, by the end of this course you will have created a full-length project, ready for publication or competition entry.
This BASIC PACKAGE includes:
• You will have the opportunity to talk with Mel via Skype one-on-one to hash out your ideas and get you on your way.
• You will have access to live Facebook tutorials once a week where you can ask the questions you need at each stage of your writing - an opportunity to have your questions answered immediately, something few other courses oﬀer
• You gain access to a private Facebook group, where you will make lifelong friendships as you share feedback and get valuable support from your new friends - Mel will also pop in regularly to answer any questions you may have
• The moment you join you have access to the Story Slingers website - packed with everything you need to complete your writing project, including videos to guide your every step and checklists for each stage of your writing
• Resources will be added regularly as you progress through the course, including worksheets and infographics on setting, plot, character, theme and anything else you think you may need - all you have to do is ask Mel
• You will receive regular feedback as you work on your story
• You will be able to access information on upcoming competitions and publication opportunities as they arise
Mel and Sam are a dynamic mother-daughter duo, with experience in writing and theatre. In another life, Mel is a Senior English teacher and author of adult and childrens' novels. Sam studied Theatre at the Queensland Academy for Creative Industries and has won Queensland Theatre's Young Playwrights Award, along with DUX, CIVA and Pathmaker Awards at her school. Together, they run Writing Excellence Programs for Young Scholars at Writer on the Road.