Learn how to craft and clarify your stories with English teacher and author, Melinda Hammond. This course challenges you to get your story told.
Appropriate for ages 10 - 16. No matter where you are on your writing journey, by the end of this course you will have created a full-length project, ready for publication or competition entry.
This ADVANCED PACKAGE includes:
• Support to prepare your completed story for competitions and publication
• Written appraisal of your completed manuscript
• Professional cover design
• Advice and mentoring on how to upload your book for online publication
• Access to bonus interviews with published authors who have travelled the road before you
• You will have the opportunity to talk with Mel via Skype one-on-one to hash out your ideas and get you on your way.
• You will have access to live Facebook tutorials once a week where you can ask the questions you need at each stage of your writing - an opportunity to have your questions answered immediately, something few other courses oﬀer
• You gain access to a private Facebook group, where you will make lifelong friendships as you share feedback and get valuable support from your new friends - Mel will also pop in regularly to answer any questions you may have
• The moment you join you have access to the Story Slingers website - packed with everything you need to complete your writing project, including videos to guide your every step and checklists for each stage of your writing
• Resources will be added regularly as you progress through the course, including worksheets and infographics on setting, plot, character, theme and anything else you think you may need - all you have to do is ask Mel
• You will receive regular feedback as you work on your story
• You will be able to access information on upcoming competitions and publication opportunities as they arise
Melinda Hammond has been writing stories for as long as she can remember. She teaches high school English, but dreams of running away with the circus.