A complete step-by-step guide to planning, writing, and finishing your novel in ninety days
Have you always dreamed of writing a novel?
Have you worked hard fulfilling everyone else’s dreams, only to find yours have been on hold for too long?
Do you have the desire to write but aren’t sure of how to go about it?
Then this course is for you!
This is my year of writing excellence and I'd like you to join me in getting your novel written. For the next ninety days you will have my undivided attention as you start out on your writing journey. Why? Because I’ve been where you are now and I know how you feel.
Writing is lonely (I’m there for you, often a Skype call or email away)
Writing is hard (I’m there to tell you to keep going because it gets easier)
It’s easy to lose motivation (I’m there to remind you why your dreams matter)
Good writing takes time (I’m giving you ninety days of mine to help you achieve your goals)
The next ninety days is yours to plan, research and write your novel with me as your cheer squad, mentor and accountability partner. I'm there to guide you through the planning, drafting, writing, editing, and finishing phases of making your dream novel come to life.
‘Nobody can teach anyone else to have a talent. All a teacher can do is set high goals for students – or get them to set them for themselves – and, then, try to help them reach those goals.’
Wallace Stegner, 1988, On The Teaching of Creative Writing
I've done the training and I've been helping writers for longer than I care to remember. I have academic prizes and published academic papers. More importantly, I’ve walked in your shoes. I’ve felt the fear and done it anyway.
I teach writing excellence to high school English students
I teach creative writing through workshops and master classes
I mentor writers and help them publish their novels
I write novels and non-fiction
I podcast and blog, bringing directly to you the advice and habits of published authors
This course is for those of us who are serious about our writing and who wish to pursue writing excellence. if you want someone on your side, cheering you on, guiding, nudging, and encouraging, then join me for my year of living creatively.
Why? Because you deserve it!
THE NINETY DAY COURSE INCLUDES:
- A thirty-minute one-on-one Skype meeting to get you started
- Six modules, stepping your through our unique Voices in Your Head Writing Program
- Short weekly video snaps from me with tips and tricks to make your journey easier
- A closed Facebook community of writers with the same dreams as you (I’ll be checking in daily most of the time to support your journey)
- My support and mentorships for the full ninety days
- Appraisal of your manuscript at the end of the ninety days with written feedback
- I will be with you every step of the way but I always recommend a professional edit when we're done (I'll be happy to recommend several top-notch editors if you need me to)
- BONUS: interviews with two bestselling authors, educators and writing coaches, Paul Brodie and Cassandra Gaisford
- BONUS: a six-week course, 7 Steps to Getting Started on Your Writing Journey (value $295)
- BONUS: TWO WRITING WORKBOOKS; Bringing The Voices to Life & Letting The Voices Sing
If you want someone on your side, cheering you on, guiding, nudging, and encouraging, then join me in my year of living creatively. This course is for those of us who are serious about our writing and who wish to pursue writing excellence.
Why? Because you deserve to follow your dreams!
I so highly recommend Melinda Hammond’s writing course for adults. Melinda has helped me to unlock my writing. For a long time I knew I had a book in me but I had no idea how to start, and didn’t have the confidence. The regular sessions I have had with Melinda has helped to give me focus, direction and motivation. She has gently encouraged me to become the writer I wanted to be and has been my accountability buddy. Knowing she was there waiting for the next instalment gave me the incentive to push through difficult days when writing was tough. Melinda helps writers young and old(er) to realise their dreams of becoming a published author.
Morag Gamble, The Good Life School